Occupying the #3534 slot at the North Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center, the Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) is storming the 2016 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) with a bang, presenting the latest in innovative technologies with its newer cars featuring the Apple CarPlay and Android Auto – fourth-generation Uconnect system.
Attendees at the CES 2016 will also be able to see hands-on demonstrations with FCA’s 2016 Dodge Charge Pursuit and its latest Uconnect 12.1 system and other immersive technology that reveals futuristic intelligent transportation among others.
“The Uconnect team is evolving Uconnect and making it even better,” said Joni Christensen, Head of Uconnect Marketing, FCA US LLC. “With the launch of the fourth generation of Uconnect systems, we are continuing to minimize the everyday stresses of busy lifestyles by providing drivers with a variety of ways to stay conveniently connected to their vehicles, while making every drive exceptionally informative, entertaining and unique.”
FCA wishes to share its digital technology concept for its Car. Life. Balance. concept which includes –
• Predictive technology – This monitor the daily habits of the driver – traffic patterns, personal calendar events and personal preferences so the vehicle’s Uconnect system can deliver personalized information to the driver at the exact moment needed.
• Vehicle-to-X communication – This helps vehicles to communicate with each other and the roadside. FCA believes integrating wireless technology into the vehicle can help provide drivers with warnings and reduce the risk of such common crash types as rear-end, lane change and intersection crashes.
• Workload manager – Helps to limit distraction by recognizing when the driver may be in a critical driving situation and prioritizing which information is presented to the driver in those instances.
• Privacy mode – Detects when a passenger is present in the vehicle and can transfer the driver’s personal information from the Uconnect system to the driver’s instrument cluster.
• Intelligent concierge – A concept programmed to learn driver preferences and provide personalized suggestions in anticipation of driver needs.
That is not all. The futuristic digital concept also includes the interaction between one vehicle and others on the roads –
• Community tagging – This helps a vehicle to know if there is any hazardous road conditions ahead and to alert other vehicles approaching this same point from the same or other roads.
• Follow-me mode – This enables a member of a driver’s community to ask other vehicles to come after it.
• Augmented reality heads-up display – The technology converts the windshield into a display from where the driver sees parking assistance, ice or snow assists, and blind spot detection among others.
Originally posted in i4u News